What is Critical illness?
A living benefit that provides a lump-sum you can spend on anything you want if you are diagnosed with a specified covered illness. The lump-sum can be used to cover many costs related to illness — including medical care, travel expenses or wages of a family member leaving work to help.
Did you know there is a 35% chance of developing a critical illness before you are 65 and 65%-70% chance before you turn 81? Source: Insureye.com
Advances in medical technology have dramatically improved the survival rates of people who suffer critical illnesses such as cancer, stroke and heart disease. Recovery often comes with significant cost and expense that impacts both you and your family.
Critical illness insurance was specifically designed to help you cope with the devastating financial consequences related to treatment and recovery of a life-altering illness.
What illnesses are covered?
Each policy is different, however many cover: Heart attack, Alzheimer's disease, Bacterial meningitis, Coronary artery bypass, Heart valve replacement, Loss of limbs, Major organ failure on waiting list for, transplant, Occupational HIV infection, Severe burns, Stroke, Aortic surgery, Benign brain tumor, Coma, Kidney failure, Loss of speech, Motor neuron disease, Paralysis, Cancer, Aplastic anaemia, Blindness, Deafness, Loss of independent existence*, Major organ transplant, Multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease.